PROMOTING A SAFER CHURCH
The care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church.
IF YOU ARE CONCERNED
That someone you know is at risk of or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from a
Safeguarding Adviser or if necessary report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
Local contacts available to speak to if you have any concerns:
Name: Trevor Golding
Tel: 07507 718 718
Name: Jo Bingham
Role: Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser
Tel: 020 7932 1224
Local Authority Social Services: 020 7527 2299
IF THERE IS IMMEDIATE RISK OR DANGER PLEASE CONTACT THE POLICE ON 101.
House of Bishops Safeguarding Policy people & adults.
• Promoting a safer environment and culture
• Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults.
• Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
• Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons.
• Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
• Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
• NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
• Childline: 0800 1111
• Stop It Now: 0808 1000 900
• NAPAC 0808 8010331
• Samaritans: 116 123
• Family Lives: 0808 800 2222
• National Domestic Violence
Helpline: 0808 2000 247
• Action On Elder Abuse: 080 8808 8141